Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Running

I’m been trying to get back in the habit of running for several weeks now. I was on a role before I got sick and then it took a while to get started again but I’m back. I have been running at least 3 times a week for the past few weeks and loving it. My heart rate is higher then I wish it would be and I’m going slower then I wish I was but I can see the improvements in my distance, speed, and breathing already!! I am really interested in running a 10 mile race along the lakefront that ends on the 50 yard line of Soldier’s Field. It’d be the furthest I’ve ever run but I think it’d be amazing and I finally found a partner!! A friend of mine, Gwen, is going to run it with me. She called Saturday to tell me I was an inspiration and she’s going to do it. Her husband (who’s also running it) wrote up a training plan for her and she’s hitting the gym. I have a plan I wrote for myself too and although I’m not exactly where I need to be, I’m getting there and think I will be caught up and on track within the next week. I have 11 ½ weeks to run 10 miles! I can do it!!! I’m warning you now, there may be lots of running updates on here since that’s going to be my main focus for the next 11 ½ weeks. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment