Friday, February 26, 2010

Excitement

Every year my husband’s parents pick a day to spend with each of the grandkids for their birthdays. They go to a special event, go shopping for their birthday gifts, or just spend quality time together. My son LOVES to spend time with his Mimi and Papa and has been counting down the days and hours until his special day.

Today was the day and his excitement was boiling over from the moment he woke up this morning….at 3am. Yes you read that correctly, he woke up at 3am so excited that he couldn’t fall back to sleep. I rubbed his back for a few minutes and explained that he wasn’t going to get to their house any earlier if he was to get up now or go back to sleep. I’m sure he feel back to sleep shortly thereafter. Then to my surprise, when I got out of the shower he was sitting on the couch fully dressed for the day with his bed made and anxious to go. I didn’t make him wait long and before we knew it we were at Mimi and Papa’s house being spoiled with a delicious breakfast!

It is so wonderful to see the love and bond between grandparents and their grandchildren. I remember the excitement of going to my grandparents’ house for the weekend and how I always felt like a princess when I was there. My grandmother and I had a special relationship and I thank my lucky stars for each moment I spent with her. I am so grateful that my son cherishes each moment with his and that he isn’t “too old” to show his excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment